We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
951 Gordon Street
Guelph, ON N1G 4S1
Phone: (519) 821-2473
Fax: (519) 837-8725
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
• Project FeederWatch ends this month.
• American Tree Sparrows depart; Chipping Sparrows arrive.
• Courtship activities begin for Black-capped Chickadees, Tufted Titmice, Mourning Doves and Chipping Sparrows.
• Hooded Mergansers, Gray Catbirds, Barn Swallows, Eastern Phoebe, Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, Hermit Thrushes and loons return.
• Black Cherry in bloom.
• Adult deer ticks become active in early April.
• Skunks are digging for grubs.
• Coyote pups are born between now and May.
• Towhees, thrashers, wrens, Barn Swallows, Chimney Swifts return this month.
• Wood Ducks are nesting.
• Flowering Dogwoods and Daffodils begin blooming.
• Rhododendron bushes begin blooming in early April.
• Shadbush blooms this month.
• Black Bears emerge from their dens.
• Lyrids meteor shower, late-April.
• Earth Day, April 22.